Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Roast Beef for Dinner

"Mom...I'm hungry."

A normal complaint in any household, but for us it is a non-stop mantra. Becca really is ALWAYS hungry. Usually we don't stop at fast food restaurants because they are so unpredictable. But tonight the baby was screaming at the top of her lungs, and Becca was whining her own sad tune..so, I cut across two lanes of rush hour traffic and pulled into the first restaurant we passed. It happened to be Arby's.

"Can I have turkey?" was Becca's request.

"You mean roast beast?" I asked. My husband is responsible for none of our children knowing what roast beef really is, so we all speak in terms of Dr Seuss.

I'm not in the mood to ask the young thing manning the drive-through window if the beef was gluten free, so I ordered it without a bun and had it packed up in a plastic case. Poor Becca had to smell her dinner all the way home so I could check it on the computer.

The good news? Arby's advertises on its website that the roast beef is gluten free! Yay! The bad news? Roast beef is not sufficiently insulated by a plastic box to retain any heat for a delayed meal. Becca scarfed it down anyway.

Score one for Arby's!

1 comment:

  1. Fortunately kids aren't as concerned about food being hot as we are! I'm glad to hear the roast "beast" is gluten free.

    ReplyDelete