Friday, July 16, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster

Any of you who know Becca also know that it is an understatement to call her a drama queen. Lately, though, it has been even worse than usual. In random bursts of massive emotional upheaval, she can bring the entire house to its knees.

I googled the terms "celiac, gluten and emotional" and found lots of threads that confirm my suspicions. People with celiac who get into gluten can suffer serious emotional symptoms that sometimes dwarf the physical ones.

So next time Becca cries buckets because we are washing her favorite pajamas, or gets herself into an extreme state of hyperactive oppositional defiance over pointing with her index finger instead of her middle one (YES she is really fighting us on this and I am horrified), I'll be sure to reevaluate our day and her diet. I bet we'll find a tummy ache somewhere in there as well.

Have I mentioned how much we hate food allergies and intolerances? But we will someday have the healthiest menu on the block. Someday--when we get this all figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment