Saturday, September 18, 2010

Taking Care of Mommy (and Daddy)

This past week sent me several little reminders that the adults need someone watching out for their health, too! Being the parents of children with celiac, food allergies, or other intolerances is more than a full-time job. It can consume your life.

After a full week of almost non-existent sleep, I caved in today and brought the girls to my parents'. Becca has been having nighttime leg and foot pain again, the baby is teething, and I am on my last ounce of stamina. So I went back to bed at 10am and didn't get up until after 2pm. I'm still dragging! But at least I can type in a fairly coherent manner (I'm hoping).

With accidental exposures, doctors visits, and random various symptoms of gluten intolerance/celiac disease being such a potential source of daily stress, please be kind to yourself. Our kids need us to be the healthiest, most optimistic and attentive parents that we can! That means getting a good support network, taking time to de-stress, and making sure our own diets are healthy, too.

God bless all GFCF moms and dads, and grant them a little extra sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment