Friday, August 6, 2010

Updates to other posts

So PB has strep, the culture was "highly" positive (which seems to mean she had a whole lot of bacteria growing in that little petri dish). She's on penicillin, and is doing ok so far. We are letting her eat a lot of whatever she wants with each dose, as long as it's not a sugar based food. We are pushing the fluids too.

I've caught it as well. Not surprising for most families, but it's my first strep-throat infection and I'm thinking that my body is sending me an urgent message to slooooww down. I'm lying on the floor as I type. I think my head is going to fall off and I want to minimize the distance to impact.

Remember our gluten-free chicken nugget recipe? Here's a fun tip! Last time we made them, I shredded a beautiful zucchini fresh from the garden (unfortunately not my garden). Then we stirred a half-cup into the ground chicken before forming the patties and voila! The kids got veggies and were raving about the nuggets being good enough to start a restaurant around them. Also, I have discovered that Chinese 5-spice is the best seasoning for the breading--with a tiny pinch of sugar. Necessity really is the mother of invention.

Also, I've included a link to another GFCF mom who puts up lots of really good recipes on her blog. I want to try her grilled cheese! I also can't wait to try a pizza with this dairy-free and nut-free cheese.
GFCF Grilled Cheese

1 comment:

  1. How are things going? Hope you are both feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete